Sonicnet Music News
Having notched up a number one single on the "Billboard" Hot 100 singles chart with "Bent," Matchbox 20 has announced the dates for the first leg of its headlining North American tour.
Dubbed the "Mad Season" tour, it will hit mostly college arenas and will kick off September 12 in New Orleans.
The first leg runs through October 2, with The Jayhawks aboard as the opening act. The full trek will move into 2001.
Matchbox 20, which recently completed a short club tour, released its second album, "Mad Season By Matchbox Twenty," in May.
The first batch of Matchbox 20 tour dates:
- 9/12 - New Orleans, LA @ UNO Lakefront Arena
- 9/14 - College Station, TX @ Reed Arena
- 9/15 - Austin, TX @ Frank Erwin Center
- 9/17 - Tallahassee, FL @ Civic Center
- 9/18 - Gainesville, FL @ O'Connell Center
- 9/20 - Greensboro, NC @ Coliseum Complex
- 9/22 - Amherst, MA @ Mullins Center
- Troy, NY @ RPI Fieldhouse
- 9/24 - University Park, PA @ Bryce Jordan Center
- 9/26 - Columbus, OH @ Schottenstein Center
- 9/27 - Oxford, OH @ Millett Hall
- 9/28 - Ypsilanti, MI @ Convocation Center
- 9/30 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Center
- 10/1 - Grand Rapids, MI @ Van Andel Arena
- 10/2 - South Bend, IN @ Notre Dame Joyce Center