With Sarah McLachlan's Lilith Fair in mothballs, a few singing-songwriting sisters are doing for themselves, as contemporary folkster Tara MacLean will lead a group of artists out on the road this summer for "The Girls Room" tour, skated to kick off on July 10 in Seattle.
Newcomers Amy Correia, Shannon McNally, and Kendall Payne, the singer behind "Supermodels," the theme to the WB TV series "Popular," will also be heading out with MacLean for The Girls Room outing, which is being sponsored by Stayfree.
As part of the tour, Stayfree and Capitol Records plan to donate $1,000 to a woman's charity in each market the tour plays, including such organizations as the Junior League, the YWCA, Chicago Cares, and Safe House, among others.
For MacLean, who scored an Adult Alternative hit earlier this year with "If I Fall," the lead single off her just-released new album, "Passenger," the tour will be a throwback to her Lilith stint, as she was the only
other artist to play the Lilith all three years, aside from McLachlan.
Dates for The Girls Room tour:
- 7/10 - Seattle, WA @ Century Ballroom
- 7/11 - Portland, OR @ Aladdin Theatre
- 7/13 - San Francisco, CA @ Slim's
- 7/14 - S.J. Capistrano, CA @ Coach House
- 7/15 - San Diego, CA @ Cane's
- 7/17 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Zephyr Club
- 7/18 - Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theater
- 7/20 - St. Louis, MO @ Side Door
- 7/21 - Chicago, IL @ Double Door
- 7/22 - Minneapolis, MN @ Fine Line Music Cafe
- 7/24 - Pontiac, MI @ 7th House
- 7/25 - Toronto, ON @ Phoenix Concert Theatre
- 7/27 - Boston, MA @ Karma Lounge
- 7/28 - New York, NY @ Bowery Ballroom
- 7/29 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 7/30 - Nashville, TN @ 3rd & Lindsley
- 7/31 - Atlanta, GA @ Cotton Club
- 8/2 - Houston, TX @ Engine Room
- 8/3 - Austin, TX @ La Zona Rosa
- 8/4 - Dallas, TX @ Gypsy Tea Room
- 8/7 - Las Vegas, NV @ House Of Blues
- 8/8 - West Hollywood, CA @ Roxy Theatre