Hootie and the Blowfish have announced plans to celebrate the September 15 release of its third album, "Musical Chairs," by immediately heading out on the road for a month's worth of shows.
With the set of dates, Hootie will have bookended the recording and release of its new album with a series of live performances, as the band previewed the new material at several club shows just prior to entering a Burbank studio to record "Chairs" with producer Don Gehman.
Hootie and the Blowfish will donate a portion of the upcoming concert's proceeds to the Save The Music Foundation, an organization dedicated to improving the quality of music education in America's public schools.
The dates for the Hootie and the Blowfish's concerts:
- 9/16 - New York, NY @ Roseland
- 9/18 - Los Angeles, CA @ House of Blues
- 9/19 - San Diego, CA @ Spreckels Theater
- 9/21 - San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore
- 9/23 - Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint
- 9/24 - Phoenix, AZ @ Celebrity
- 9/27 - Denver, CO @ Paramount Theater
- 9/29 - Dallas, TX @ Deep Elum Live
- 10/1 - St. Louis, MO @ American Theater
- 10/2 - Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
- 10/3 - Detroit, MI @ State Theater
- 10/6 - Boston, MA @ Orpheum Theater
- 10/7 - Washington, DC @ Capitol Ballroom
- 10/9 - Atlanta, GA @ Roxy Theater