Based on audience response and ticket sales of this past fall’s Family Values Tour, promoters have announced plans to bring the festival back for a second go around next year.
According to spokespeople for Korn, who helped organize and headlined the hard rock fest — which also included sets from Rammstein, Ice Cube, Limp Bizkit and Orgy — the Family Values Tour played to more than 243,000 fans in its 27 dates and raked in some $6.4 million in gross sales.
While it’s still too early to know whether any of the artists from the inaugural line-up will return for a subsequent outing, Korn has said that it will hit the road in February 1999 with Rob Zombie, who was originally supposed to be a part of this year’s festival (see “Rob Zombie And Korn Make Amends, Will Tour Together In 1999” ).
The Korn/Zombie road show is expected to launch on February 26 and continue through April 11, and Videodrone has been tapped to open the initial
set of shows.
Dates just announced for the Korn/Rob Zombie tour:
- 2/26 – Tucson, AZ @ Convention Center Arena
- 2/27 – Albuquerque, NM@ Tingley Arena
- 2/28 – El Paso, TX @ Coliseum
- 3/2 – San Antonio, TX @ Freeman Coliseum
- 3/3 – Dallas, TX @ Reunion Arena
- 3/5 – Biloxi, MS @ Gulf Coast Coliseum
- 3/6 – Jacksonville, FL @ Civic Center Arena
- 3/7 – Greenville, SC @ Bi-Lo Center
- 3/9 – Greensboro, NC @ Coliseum
- 3/11 – Chicago, IL @ Rosemont Horizon
- 3/12 – TBA
- 3/13 – Detroit, MI @ Palace of Auburn Hills
- 3/15 – Hamilton, ONT @ Copps Coliseum
- 3/16 – Toledo, OH @ Sports Arena