Marilyn Manson, Prodigy, Ministry, Rob Zombie, Rage Against The Machine, and Rammstein are among the artists who have stepped up and kicked in tracks for the soundtrack to the upcoming Keanu Reeves sci-fi thriller "Matrix."Monster Magnet, the Deftones, and Meat Beat Manifesto will also contribute songs to the soundtrack, which arrives March 30 courtesy of Madonna's Maverick Records. While most of the artists on the soundtrack are offering previously released material, Zombie delivered a new "Hot Rod Herman" remix of his song"Dragula" for the collection. The soundtrack will also give fans their first taste of Ministry's new album (the sublimely titled "Dark Side of the Spoon") on the brand spanking new track "Bad Blood." The song will mark Ministry's first new material since 1996's "Filth Pig," and will also turn up on "Dark Side" when it hits stores on June 8. The first single from the soundtrack will be Manson's contribution, "Rock Is Dead," which also appears on his "Mechanical
Animals" album. Manson recently shot the video for the single in an airplane hanger in Los Angeles, and the song should start popping up on radio next week.The soundtrack was assembled by club and radio DJ Jason Bentley, and a spokesperson for Maverick Records said that each artist on the soundtrack was invited to view a rough cut of the film before signing on for the album. When the "Matrix" soundtrack arrives on March 30 (one day before the movie hits theaters), here's what you'll find:
- Marilyn Manson - "Rock Is Dead"
- Ministry - "Bad Blood" (from the forthcoming "Dark Side of the Spoon")
- Prodigy - "Mindfields"
- Rob Zombie - "Dragula" (Hot Rod Herman Remix)
- Rage Against the Machine - "Wake Up"
- Monster Magnet - "Look To Your Orb For Warning"
- The Deftones - "My Own Summer (Shove It)"
- Rammstein - "Du Hast"
- Propellerheads - "Spybreak!"
- Meat Beat Manifesto - "Prime Audio Soup"
- Lunatic Calm - "Leave You Far Behind"
- Rob D - "Clubbed
- Hive - "Ultrasonic Sound"