Everclear is gearing up to release the next volume of the band's planned "Songs From An American Movie" double-album set, with the new record, subtitled "Vol. II - Good Time For A Bad Attitude," due out on November 21.
The first album, "Vol. I - Learning How To Smile," has already sold more than 445,000 copies since being issued in July, according to SoundScan, and Everclear will huddle in Los Angeles later this month to shoot a video for "A.M. Radio," the second single from the record.
Everclear frontman Art Alexakis, who directed the video for the first "Vol. I" single, "Wonderful," will be handling directorial duties for the "A.M. Radio" clip.
In between wrapping the new record and shooting a new video, Everclear will head out on the road in a few weeks for a handful of radio festivals, starting on September 14 in Nashville.
Aside from the radio shows, Everclear has also signed on to play at a benefit for JAMPAC, a nonprofit organization
founded by former Nirvana bassist Krist Novoselic that is dedicated to protecting freedom of expression for musicians. The show is slated for September 28 in Spokane, Washington.
Everclear's American tour plans for September and October:
- 9/14 - Nashville, TN @ WZPC Radio Festival
- 9/15 - Columbia, SC @ WARQ Radio Festival
- 9/16 - Charlotte, NC @ WEND Radio Festival
- 9/17 - Columbus, OH @ CD101 Radio Festival
- 9/28 - Spokane, WA @ JAMPAC Show - Eastern Washington University
- 9/30 - Salt Lake City, UT @ X96 Radio Festival
- 10/1 - Atlanta, GA @ 99X "Big Day Out" Festival