After months of speculation and hype, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Eminem, and Warren G have finally confirmed plans and released an itinerary of cities, dates, and venues for their joint "Up In Smoke" tour, slated to start on June 15 in San Diego.
The outing will mark Dre's first-ever national tour as a solo artist, and although not mentioned in today's official announcement, Dr. Dre told MTV News that he plans to bring MC Ren out on the road to perform a few songs with Ice Cube and Snoop Dogg as part of a reunited N.W.A. set (see "Dre, Eminem, Snoop, Cube Line Up Tour").
Aside from MC Ren, additional "surprise" guests will make appearances at various stops on the "Up In Smoke" tour, which is currently scheduled to play 25 cities during a seven-week run.
Snoop Dogg was the first to speak out about plans for the tour while backstage at the 1999 MTV Video Music Awards, when the outing was being referred to
as the "Chronic 2000" tour (see "Snoop Dogg Looks Forward To Chronic 2000 Tour With Dre, Eminem, Xzibit").
The tentative dates for the "Up In Smoke" tour:
- 6/15 - San Diego, CA @ Coors Amphitheater
- 6/16 - Anaheim, CA @ Arrowhead Pond
- 6/19 - San Jose, CA @ Sa Jose Arena
- 6/24 - Portland, OR @ Rose Garden
- 6/30 - Indianapolis, IN @ Conseco Fieldhouse
- 7/1 - Columbus, OH @ Schottenstein Center
- 7/2 - Cleveland, OH @ Gund Arena
- 7/3 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Melon Arena
- 7/6 - Detroit, MI @ TBA
- 7/8 - Chicago, IL @ Allstate Arena
- 7/10 - Minneapolis, MN @ TBA
- 7/13 - Rochester, NY @ Blue Cross Arena
- 7/14 - Albany, NY @ Pepsi Center
- 7/15 - Boston, MA @ Fleet Center
- 7/18 - Philadelphia, PA @ Spectrum
- 7/20 - Uniondale, NY @ Nassau Coliseum
- 7/21 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Continental Airlines Arena
- 7/22 - Hartford, CT @ Hartford Coliseum
- 7/25 - Baltimore, MD @ Baltimore Arena
- 7/26 - Buffalo, NY @ Midland Marina Arena
- 7/27 - Washington, DC @ MCI Center
- 7/29 - Charlotte, NC @ Charlotte Coliseum
- 7/30 - Atlanta, GA @ Lakewood Amphitheater
- 8/1 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ TBA
- 8/2 - Tampa, FL @ Ice Palace