After releasing the "Hip-Hop For Respect" maxi-single last week, Black Star's Talib Kweli is preparing to hit the road for a month-long tour with L.A. newcomers Dilated Peoples, starting on May 4 in St. Louis.
Kweli and the Peoples will be joined on the first two dates by acclaimed underground hip-hop outfit Jurassic 5, who are playing a few warm-up dates before embarking on this year's edition of the Warped Tour (see [article id="1435174"]"Vans Warped Tour 2000 Maps Out Dates"[/article]).
Talib Kweli will be out supporting the "Hip Hop For Respect" single, a benefit project that features appearances from Rza, Common, The Fugees' Pras, De La Soul's Pos, Cappadonna, and EPMD's Parrish Smith (see [article id="1426064"]"Black Star And Friends To Issue 'Hip-Hop For Respect'"[/article]).
The Dilated Peoples, who first emerged on the scene in 1997 with a pair of singles, "Third Degree" and "Work The Angles," will release
their first major-label album, titled "Platform," on May 23 via Capitol Records.
Dates for the Talib Kweli-Dilated Peoples tour:
- 5/4 - St. Louis, MO @ Galaxy (w/ Jurassic 5)
- 5/5 - Lawrence, KS @ Granada (w/ Jurassic 5)
- 5/6 - Minneapolis, MN @ Quest Club
- 5/8 - Chicago, IL @ Double Door
- 5/9 - Detroit, MI @ St. Andrews
- 5/11 - Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade
- 5/12 - Charlotte, NC @ Tremont Music Hall
- 5/14 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 5/15 - Philadelphia, PA @ Theater of Living Arts
- 5/16 - Boston, MA @ Axis
- 5/18 - Toronto, ON @ Opera House
- 5/19 - New York, NY @ SOB's (without Talib Kweli)
- 5/20 - Providence, RI @ Lupos
- 5/23 - Los Angeles, CA @ El Rey Theatre
- 5/26 - San Jose, CA @ The Usual
- 5/30 - Portland, OR @ Roseland Theatre
- 5/31 - Seattle, WA @ Aro Space
- 6/1 - Vancouver, BC @ Sonar