Fans of fake blood and latex phalli rejoice... Gwar has lined up another round of touring.
The cartoonish metal creations have tapped Amen and Lamb Of God for a tour that kicks off on October 20 in Old Bridge, New Jersey. So far, the bands have lined up shows through early November.
"We fart loudly at the approach of our warty comrades and can't wait to get out there and kill you," Gwar leader Oderus Urungus said in statement announcing the tour. "I have no idea where we are going, but I'm sure it will be smelly."
The tour gives Amen the chance to roll out new material from its upcoming album, the first release from producer Ross Robinson's I AM record label since its move under the Virgin Records umbrella (see "Korn Studio Whiz Lands Label Deal").
The trek will also give many metalheads their first taste of Lamb Of God, a group that earned the honor of most downloaded metal band on MP3.com while toiling
under the name Burn The Priest. The freshly renamed outfit recently released its debut album, "New American Gospel," on Metal Blade Records.
Here's how the Gwar/Amen/Lamb Of God triple bill shapes up:
- 10/20 - Old Bridge, NJ @ Birch Hill
- 10/21 - Worcester, MA @ The Palladium (w/The Misfits)
- 10/22 - New Haven, CT @ Toad's Place
- 10/24 - Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
- 10/25 - Huntington, WV @ Empire Club
- 10/26 - Cincinnati, OH @ Bogarts
- 10/27 - Cleveland, OH @ Agora Ballroom
- 10/28 - Detroit, MI @ Harpo's
- 10/29 - Chicago, IL @ Vic Theater
- 10/31 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 11/2 - Towson, MD @ Recher Theater
- 11/3 - Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
- 11/4 - Poughkeepsie, NY @ The Chance