Families of the Mafia
Two new families join the Gravanos, O'Tooles and LaRoccas in Staten Island, NY, as this series takes a deeper dive into the unfinished business lurking in families with ties to the mafia.
- All Videos
- 03:37HighlightS1The O'Toole Family Honors Billy's LifeJess, Joe and Taylor go through powerful emotions following the news of Billy's passing, and agree that his presence in their lives was ultimately a blessing.05/07/2020
- 03:36HighlightS1Billy Walks His Kids Through His Old NeighborhoodBilly gives Joe and Taylor a tour of his childhood neighborhood in Park Slope, Brooklyn, and shares stories about his father to help them understand how he grew up.05/07/2020
- 01:59HighlightS1Paulie Is Officially Karen's EnemyKaren decides Paulie needs to get out of her and Karina's life after his behavior toward Karina during their trip to the Poconos.04/30/2020
- 02:26HighlightS1Linda Scarpa Surprises KarenAt the Pizza Nostra grand opening, Karen gets a visit from Linda Scarpa, who feels the relationship between their fathers impacts the dynamic between their families.04/16/2020
- 01:34HighlightS1Joe Gets BouncedAfter a night of partying, a feisty Joe refuses to leave the bar he was just kicked out of, even after the production team tells him the police are on their way.04/16/2020
- 01:57ExclusiveS1Family Breakdown: The LaRoccasKaren Gravano and her daughter Karina discuss the LaRocca family, including Gina's authenticity, CP's loyalty to his father Christian and Trish and Anthony's stability.04/13/2020
- 03:38HighlightS1Sammy "The Bull" Gravano Wants to Set the Record StraightSalvatore "Sammy the Bull" Gravano promises to protect his daughter Karen and granddaughter Karina after he makes public his untold story of the Gambino crime family.04/09/2020
- 02:04InterviewS1Mafia Movies & MisconceptionsKaren Gravano and her daughter Karina reveal which mafia movies get it right and dispel popular misconceptions about things like witness protection and initiation rituals.04/09/2020
- 02:28ExclusiveS1Family Breakdown: The AugustinesKaren Gravano and her daughter Karina share stories about the Augustines, including the time Karen's cousin bit Lisa and how Dennie acts as godmother to their friends.04/07/2020
- 03:10ExclusiveS1Family Breakdown: The O'ToolesKaren Gravano and Karina Seabrook discuss their friends the O'Tooles, from the family's patriarch, Billy, to loving single-mom Jess to their tough daughter, Taylor.04/06/2020
- 02:15InterviewS1Behind "The Bull"Karen Gravano describes how her father and former underboss of the Gambino crime family, Sammy "The Bull" Gravano, is acclimating to life outside after 18 years in prison.04/03/2020
- 01:36ExclusiveS1The Gravanos Take on Jersey Shore, Pt. 2Mother-daughter duo Karen Gravano and Karina Seabrook watch Jersey Shore and break down Vinny and Angelina's Staten Island food fight.04/02/2020
On Staten Island, the Gravano name is synonymous with "mafia." Karen's father, Sammy "The Bull" Gravano, was underboss of the Gambino crime family, and his dealings provided her a childhood in which she wanted for nothing. After the Gambino family was taken down, Sammy went to prison and Karen moved to Arizona with her daughter Karina to escape her family's reputation. Now Karen is back in New York and has become passionate about prison reform. Using her wealth of experience in the justice system, she is working hard to help her boyfriend appeal the life sentence he's serving. Meanwhile, Karina is trying to distance herself from the Gravano family legacy in pursuit of a career in the competitive world of finance, while her grandfather Sammy is launching a podcast to divulge his notorious past, causing strife within the family.
Billy O'Toole's father, Italian-American mafioso William "Wild Bill" Cutolo, partnered with the Irish mafia in Brooklyn to gain power and influence in the New York underworld. Because of his volatile upbringing, Billy quickly took to the criminal lifestyle and consequently developed a distant relationship with his twin children, Joe and Taylor, who were raised by his ex-wife Jess. Despite his difficulties, Billy was working hard to re-establish a relationship with his family and was showing signs of progress before he unexpectedly passed away. While his death was ruled a suicide, Jess, Joe and Taylor are launching an investigation, as they suspect the truth could be more complicated.
Gina Larocca jumped into the drug world in Staten Island and Brooklyn, a decision that led her to serve nine months in Rikers and left her then-infant son, CP, without a mom. CP's father, Christian, is now back in the picture after serving five years for narcotics charges in upstate New York. With help from Gina, CP's aunt Trish and uncle Anthony -- who raised him amidst his parents' legal issues -- are trying to steer him away from further run-ins with the law while he navigates his relationship with Christian.
Eli Kiperman is preparing to reunite with his father, Boris Nayfeld, one of New York's most influential Russian mafia bosses who has been serving out his probation in Moscow. Eli has chosen the legitimate route and is working hard to support his mother, Angela, who continues to struggle with the idea of a life without Boris.
Billy Cutolo Jr., the son of once-powerful underboss William "Wild Bill" Cutolo, continues to reacclimate to life with his family after their time in the witness protection program. Billy is planning to return to New York for the first time since his father's infamous murder, to reunite with his estranged family and to tie up loose ends with his father's old associates.