The Foo Fighters have charted a few more dates for their upcoming tour with San Diego rockers Rocket From The Crypt.
The Foos' Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins recently got acquainted with Rocket From The Crypt during a RFTC show at New York's Irving Plaza (which also drew Led Zeppelin alums Robert Plant and Jimmy Page).
The bands will have plenty of time to bond in the near future. As we previously reported, the Foo Fighters hit the road on April 18 in Lake Tahoe (see [article id="1429054"]"Foo Fighters Joining Rocket From The Crypt For Upcoming Tour"[/article]).
The U.S. run will act as a warm-up of sorts before the Foos head to Europe for the one and only European date of Ozzfest '98 on June 20 outside of London (see [article id="1426033"]"Ozzy Taps Limp Bizkit, Foos, Pantera, Slayer, Others For Ozzfests"[/article]).
That'll be fun," Grohl recently told our friends in the MTV Radio Network about his Ozzfest plans. "I think that's going to be cool because I like playing tons of different kinds of shows. I don't like to stick to whatever cool festival there is every year because usually we go over there and we play like the V97 festival. Well, we might do the Reading Festival this year. It's the Beastie Boys, Supergrass... I mean, that's going to be awesome." [220k Audio File]
Here's where you can catch the Foos and Rocket From The Crypt here in the States:
- 4/24 - Memphis, TN @ Mid South
- 4/25 - Houston, TX @ Woodlands
- 4/26 - San Antonio, TX @ Sunken Gardens
- 4/27 - New Orleans, LA @ House Of Blues
- 4/29 - Pensacola, FL @ Bayfront Auditorium
- 4/30 - Birmingham, AL @ Oak Mountain
- 5/2 - Atlanta, GA @ Midtown Music Festival
- 5/3 - Nashville, TN @ Rivers
- 5/4 - Columbus, OH @ Newport Music Hall
- 5/6 - Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
- 5/7 - New York, NY @ Roseland
- 5/8 -
Albany, NY @ TBA