Courtesy of the artists
The 2022 MTV EMA ceremony is less than two weeks away, and more artists are lining up to hit the stage. On Tuesday (November 1), MTV announced that Stormzy, Gayle, OneRepublic, Kalush Orchestra, Spinall, Äyanna, and Nasty C will perform live at this year’s awards show at Düsseldorf, Germany, on November 13.
While veterans Stormzy and OneRepublic are returning to the EMA stage, Gayle, Kalush Orchestra, Spinall, Äyanna, and Nasty C are all newcomers. All are joining previously announced performers Ava Max, Bebe Rexha, Gorillaz, David Guetta, Lewis Capaldi, and Muse.
Additionally, this year’s EMA will see global musician Julian Lennon, model/activist Leomie Anderson, and TikToker Sam Ryder presenting awards throughout the night. Additional presenters are yet to be announced.
Stormzy and Gayle have each earned noms at this year’s ceremony. The former scored one in the brand new Best Longform Video category for “Mel Made Me Do It,” and the latter earned two in the Best New and Best PUSH categories.
Harry Styles leads this year’s EMA nominations field garnering seven nods, including Best Artist, Best Song, and Best Video. Taylor Swift follows behind with six noms, and she also earned one for Best Longform Video. Meanwhile, Nicki Minaj and Rosalía each earned five noms, with both competing for Best Song and Best Artist.
Styles, Swift, Rosalía, and German rapper Badmómzjay have also scored nominations for Best Local Act in their respective home regions.
This year’s ceremony will be co-hosted by Rita Ora and Taika Waititi and broadcasted live on MTV in more than 170 countries on November 13 from the PSD Bank Dome in Düsseldorf, Germany. It will also be available to stream on Paramount+ and Pluto TV globally beginning November 14. The 2022 event will mark the sixth time Germany has hosted the awards. Find the full list of 2022 EMA noms right here and go vote for your faves at mtvema.com/en-us. Voting remains open until November 9 at 11:59 PM CET.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023