Feminism is the furthest thing from a fad, but in the '90s it was pretty trendy for movies and TV shows -- well, the good ones anyway -- to have strong (of mind, body, and spirit) female characters who waxed poetic about the patriarchy and refused to bend to societal norms.
Not only did we get GIF fare galore thanks to that pop culture uptick ...
... but we were also introduced to some ridiculously rad young ladies who reminded us that it was/is/always will be *cool* to disregard the mansplainers and do what we want to do, when, where and how we want to do it.
Let's find out which of these great gals is your true spirit sister, yeah?
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023