If Lil Wayne had his way, you wouldn't know any of the details of his charitable efforts. "To be totally honest with you, that's Cortez," Weezy said of his best friend and manager. "If it was left up to me, then y'all still wouldn't know what I'm doin'."
The truth is the Young Money head is very generous with not only his money, but with his time. Earlier this year, Wayne launched his DEWeezy campaign with Mountain Dew and then linked with Stoked, a youth mentoring program and got 10 teens to help him create a new commercial.
"Why stop at rappin' when you can skate too," Weezy asks rhetorically in the 30-second ad.
"They put all that together, everything, those kids," he told MTV News back in November during their one-on-one sit-down after the premiere of Tunechi's latest video [article id="1697842"]"No Worries."[/article]
Wayne is far from shy, but he reluctantly talks about what he does to give back to the community. Tune's charitable efforts no doubt help his image, but above all else, it is simply how he rolls. "It's not only an image, its reality," he said.
Aside from helping youth, Weezy takes joy in sharing his time with his own children as well. His role as a dad and an influential entertainer go hand-in-hand as he helps to mold the younger generation. "There's nothing better than that, period -- being a father." he said. "I've done so many things... I don't get no joy like the joy I get being a father. Simple things like helping my daughter with her homework. Simple things like putting my sons to sleep."
To learn more about Stoked and the DEWeezy project, go to DEWeezy.MTV.com.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023