Jenelle Evans will soon be Mrs. Nathan Griffith, and the "Teen Mom 2" cast member is spilling the exciting details surrounding her engagement in paradise. So how did the unforgettable proposal unfold?
"We went to a fancy restaurant, and we were just going out to have a nice dinner," the 23-year-old told MTV News exclusively, shortly after the proposal in St. Thomas. "Nathan's brother came the day after [we did]. [We were like,] 'Everyone is finally here -- let's just go out and have dinner.'"
After the group was finished eating, Jenelle was in for a very sweet and heartfelt surprise. "[Nathan] just tapped his glass, stood up in front of the whole restaurant, and made this big speech," the blushing bride-to-be explained. "How he loves me, he wants to be with me for the rest of his life. And he's really happy. And then he got down on one knee and proposed in front of everyone."
So what was running through her head when her longtime beau adoringly asked for her hand in marriage?
"I was completely shocked," she revealed with a laugh. "I think I had an idea he would probably propose to me here, but I didn't know when during the week he was gonna do it. And I didn't know what was gonna happen or anything. So it was like expected, but unexpected."
As for the beautiful round sparkler, Nathan picked it out all by himself -- way to go, N!
Jenelle Evans' Instagram
"He did a perfect job," Jenelle said. "We went looking for a month, and then he went looking for four months, because he was so indecisive. He showed all of his friends. He showed everyone the ring, but he would never let me see it" because she didn't want to see the final rock choice until he popped the question.
So what's next for the future Mr. and Mrs.? The cute couple will continue to relish this exciting time in their lives with family and friends during their island getaway. "We're just gonna celebrate for the next few days, stress-free," Jenelle said, adding that they plan to snorkel, scuba dive and more. Well, enjoy, you two!
Offer your congrats to the lovebirds below, and keep checking MTV News for more coverage of Jenelle and Nathan's engagement!
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023