isn't confirming her relationship with 20-year-old underwear model and aspiring musician Justin Gaston, but then again, she isn't exactly denying it either.
"Maybe, maybe not," she said Thursday (October 23) on Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show, when asked if they were an item. "Right now, everything is, like, really good. I haven't really been answering the question much just because we're just really happy with everything and the way everything has worked out.
"I'm totally gushing right now!" she added.
The 15-year-old admits that when the two started hanging out last month, she didn't appreciate everyone putting their two cents in about the relationship. "After my last two years, there's been a lot of things that happened, so I've learned just not to judge anyone and go into our friendship with an open mind and not really worry about the age or anything," she explained.
Despite the significant age difference, Cyrus said that the Cyrus and Gaston families aren't judging the pair, especially because Gaston works with her dad, Billy Ray Cyrus, who "thinks he's cool." She added, "Our families are like, 'Whatever happens, happens.' If he's nothing but a really good friend, that's awesome.
"More than anything, he's really helped me move on from a lot of things," she said. "He's a really great Christian guy. He's gone through stuff, and I've gone through stuff, and everyone goes through that. I think it's really awesome that we have that in common -- that we can talk about it and that we can understand [each other]. ... He gets it."
The biggest issue that Cyrus sees when it comes to her maybe dating Gaston isn't the age difference or the speculation about their relationship -- it's his good looks. "That's what would be hard about dating him!" she replied. "It's like, if [we ever broke up], who are you gonna go to after that?"
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023