By Amber Lena
You know the party is good when the line goes well out the door and down the block. SherlockeDCC was one such party. Passersby inquired what the fuss was about while the Sherlockians in line eagerly shared their joy. A combined effort of The Baker Street Babes, Being Geek Chic, The Nerdy Girlie and Sherlock DC, SherlockeDCC was the place to be to meet the royalty of the online fandom.
Brick + Mortar was packed to the brim -- many fans paid homage to the show with Sherlock themed jewelry, clothing, and cosplay. There were themed drinks available; those 21 and over were able to sip “The Sherlock”, “The John” and “The Woman,” among other cocktails.
Outside on the patio sat Cara McGee, a legend in "Sherlock" and "Doctor Who" fandoms. Cara is known for both her distinct drawing style and her fan-favorite tea blends available through Adaigo. Attendees were able to buy prints of her work as well as samplers of her various teas. In addition, there were other wares for sale, including mini crocheted Sherlocks, mugs, and exclusive badges only available at the party.
Though the DJ was blaring music in the background, SherlockeDCC didn’t serve as a party so much as it was a place for Sherlockians who are active in the online communities to meet one another. There were many squeals of delight throughout the night as people who have long been friends on Tumblr finally got to meet in person for the first time.
Much to the surprise—and delight—of the attendees, Mark Gatiss, Sue Vertue, and Steven Moffat all made an appearance at SherlockeDCC. They had drinks, shared a few laughs with the hosts, and were absolutely bombarded by screaming fans and the flash of cameras. Mark even got in the photo booth, popped a crown on his head, and took various amusing photographs with Kristina, the lead party organizer.
Of course the biggest draw of the night was the raffle for a signed copy of the “Scandal in Belgravia” script. It was so coveted a prize that, once it was gone, the crowd failed to get excited about any of the other offerings, including an Intel tablet. Though people cheered in spite of obvious jealousy, everyone seemed to be in agreement that the girl who spent the evening carrying around a Sherlock body pillow should get the grand prize.
All in all, it was a successful first SDCC party for Baker Street Babes and company. Hopefully it is the first of many more to come.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023