Ethan Miller / Getty Images
Lil Wayne's had a very difficult year with trying to sort out his issues with Birdman and Cash Money, but things got scary in April, when shots were fired at his tour bus in Atlanta. Now, the man who's responsible for the shooting has been sentenced to 10 years behind bars.
The Atlanta Journal Constitution reports that rapper Peewee Roscoe, born Jimmy Carlton Winfrey, was found guilty on five charges and received an overall sentence of 20 years. The Cobb County District Attorney's Office in Atlanta detailed that 10 of those years will be spent in prison, but Winfrey will be eligible for parole.
The shooting took place in the early morning hours on Apr. 26, after Lil Wayne performed a show at Compound night club in Atlanta. Two of his tour buses were targeted on the highway, but no one was hurt. Winfrey caused $20,000 worth of damages to the bus, in the alleged gang-related shooting.
25-year-old Winfrey was booked and held without bond in early June, while facing several charges including possession of a firearm by a felon, criminal gang activity, aggravated assault, terroristic threats and and reckless conduct.
The rapper is a known affiliate of fellow ATL native Young Thug, and a very detailed police indictment released after the shooting indicated that Winfrey placed calls to phones connected to both Thugger and Birdman, before and after the shooting.
Young Thug and Birdman have both denied being involved in the shooting, with Thugger bluntly responding, “F–k no," when asked if he tried to kill Lil Wayne.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023