Tyra Banks, the queen bee of America’s Next Top Model, is taking her lessons from the runway to the classroom. In May 2017, Banks has plans to co-teach a two-week course titled “Project You: Building and Extending Your Personal Brand” at Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business. Allison Kluger, a faculty lecturer and longtime TV producer, will join her.
“What is a personal brand and how can it be unleashed as a valuable, competitive advantage?” reads the course’s official description. “They will help students create their own specific image to support their brand, teach them how to navigate on-air exposure, and help them create a long-term strategy for how to promote their personal brand across several media platforms.”
The assignments include Facebook Live streams and YouTube presentations. But despite the focus on digital media, Banks isn’t a fan of smartphones in class. “If I see somebody not paying attention, I’m gonna call on them,” Banks told The Wall Street Journal (as Refinery29 points out), joking that students can only use their phones to “tweet something [she’s] said.”
No word on whether Banks has a study guide for smizing, but her curriculum will surely get her students to the top.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023