Stills from 'Two Weeks' and 'Queen of the Damned.'
Source: Young Turks / Movieweb
Zendaya and Beyonce aren't the only ones who've been channeling Aaliyah lately. The latest of these is FKA twigs, whose newly released video "Two Weeks" came out earlier today. (Outside of a Missy Elliott video, this has been the most consecutive shouts I've seen in the last decade.)
The "Two Weeks" connection to Baby Girl at her most menacing is two-fold: both the music and style. The combination of looming synths, skittish drums, and cold electronics merged with seductive, breathy vocals honor the spirit of Aaliyah's vampire queen Akasha: a beautiful monster, a creature that is both irresistible and dangerous. And on the fashion tip, the embroidered trousers, gold braided halter, piled-on bangles and bronze headdress unmistakably reference Miss Haughton's costume from the 2002 film.
Peep it all for yourself in the "Two Weeks" video below!
+ FKA TWIGS' 'TWO WEEKS' MUSIC VIDEO
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023