Are you, are you, coming to the tree? And by tree, we mean Hollywood in Vienna, a gala held in Austria celebrating the best in film music? Because this year composer James Newton Howard will be premiering music from "The Hunger Games" for the very first time.
No, you're not crazy: "Hanging Tree" and the rest of "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1" score was released in stores. But up until now, the song -- which was originally performed by Jennifer Lawrence, and hit the Top 20 of the US Billboard charts -- has never been performed live.
But that's not all! Howard's Hollywood in Vienna concert will also be showing off selections from his scores for "Maleficent" and "Blood Diamond," both in their concert debuts. The performance will be conducted by Keith Lockhart of the Boston Pops, so you know it's gonna be wicked good.
Howard will be the guest of honor at Hollywood in Vienna -- and recipient of the 2015 Max Steiner Film Music Award, which has previously been awarded to composers including Randy Newman, James Horner, Lalo Schifrin, Alan Silvestri, Howard Shore and John Barry.
Why, you might even say they're paying tribute to Howard. Because tribute? Like from "Hunger Games?" Anyway, I think we can all agree this news could use one of these:
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023