Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
Halsey has seemingly every reason in the world to be confident. With her fan-fave collaboration on Justin Bieber’s new album, an opening slot on The Weeknd’s fall tour, and a highly anticipated sophomore album already in the works, she’s one of the year’s fastest rising stars.
But in a new feature for Playboy’s December issue, the 21-year-old admits she had to unearth her own confidence in the wake of her new success.
“I’ve learned to pull confidence out of myself like I’m f—king siphoning water from 10 feet beneath the soil,” the Badlands singer told the mag. “My confidence grew from being intelligent, from being sexual. Put me on stage in front of 100,000 people if you want. You can’t scare me.”
Halsey teased the Playboy feature back in August with a cheeky “I Posed Today” tee, and now the full gallery is here, including several smoldering snapshots of her rocking a bodysuit and Calvin Klein underwear (remember, the mag has nixed full nudity for good). It’s almost enough to make us forget Tinashe’s sizzling spread from last month. Almost.
In an accompanying video for Playboy, Halsey discussed what she wants fans to take away from her music, saying, “I want people to believe my music when they hear it.”
“I write about stuff that not a lot of people can always relate to,” she explained. “Some of it’s about dealing with people around me doing drugs, some of it’s about dealing with loss, dealing with love, dealing with feeling isolated. And I think at the end of the day I really just want people to believe my music even if they can’t necessarily relate to it.”
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023