Unfortunately the Wachowski brothers talk about their work almost as much as Terrence Malick and J.D. Salinger. They haven’t given an interview to anyone it seems since before the first “Matrix” came out. But now we can share with you some exclusive thoughts from the Wachowskis about their long in the making film.
Back in 1996 in an interview I conducted with Larry and Andy for my college radio show (I just wept when I did the math on how long ago that was) and Larry told me a bit about their script for the film that was at the time in development hell.
“It’s probably the closest script to a comedy we’ll write,” Larry said. “We thought it could be kind of cool. The basic idea we came up with was that he would be an environmentalist, almost like an Earth First-er type guy.”
Larry even described a scene from the film the made the brothers laugh at the time. “The funny scene we thought of that was kind of the start of it all was like he goes to the bathroom after he becomes Plastic Man and his urine is no longer bio-degradable so he like wants to kill himself,” he chuckled.
Are you intrigued by the possibility of a Wachowski comedy? Is Keanu the right man for the job? Weigh in below.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023