Just a week after sharing a very [article id="1699525"]public kiss in Times Square[/article] on New Year's Eve, Taylor Swift and Harry Styles are already on a train to splitsville. But has the couple known to fans as Haylor really called it quits? We don't know for sure, but MTV News took a closer look at recent reports and the evidence still seems inconclusive.
According to published reports, Swift and Styles jetted off to the British Virgin Islands on New Year's Day. The Red singer was then spotted leaving mogul Richard Branson's private Necker Island by herself on Friday, January 4, via boat, in an exit that sent the Internet into overdrive. By Monday afternoon Business Insider took a break from reporting on the financial markets to claim that Haylor had split after "a heated argument" in the BVI.
[article id="1699906"]What do fans think about Taylor and Harry's rumored breakup?[/article]
So the One Direction heartthrob reportedly stayed behind; Swift left. But beyond unnamed sources, and in the absence of any official comment from either pop star's team, there wasn't too much in the way of proof besides that picture of Taylor ... sitting on a boat ... and a cryptic tweet from Swift on Saturday that borrowed a lyric from her track "I Knew You Were Trouble."
By 4:09 p.m. on Monday, Life & Style said that they had "exclusively confirmed" the pair, who began dating two months ago, were totally done. The weekly mag said a source explained that Swift and Styles "are both really busy and never in one place for long. Harry's really upset about the split and is really sensitive about it."
In the wake of this rush of unconfirmed news, Styles was spotted with his guitar leaving Heathrow Airport on Monday. He has been busy tweeting about the band's latest music video, a kooky clip for [article id="1699790"]"Kiss You."[/article]
Will more sightings of the happy twosome emerge, like the time they were photographed at Shamrock Tattoo Parlor in L.A., where Styles got a [article id="1699171"]giant, pirate-ship tattoo[/article]? Or will fans eventually find out what went down in the form of a follow-up to "We are Never Ever Getting Back Together"? Only time will tell.
Regardless of their relationship status, both Swift and Styles have a busy 2013 ahead of them. One Direction will begin their [article id="1682975"]world tour in February[/article], meanwhile she will kick off her [article id="1696387"]Red tour[/article] in March. She will be joined by mutual pal, Ed Sheeran, who will open for her during the trek.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023