What if we told you that Shawn Mendes has been tweeting the name of his next single for the past week?
Well, he has. Every time you saw the hashtag #SomethingBigIsHappening, Shawn was giving you a very big clue about his next project, and now we can exclusively reveal the mystery. The Vine star-turned-pop-star's first single off his upcoming debut album is called "Something Big," and it will be released Monday, November 10.
Shawn, who also gave us the single cover art with what looks to be covered with lyrics from the single, told MTV News all about the uptempo song, which he promises is "still me and my acoustic guitar," and delivers a positive message.
"The song was written on our tour bus over the summer, and it's meant to be a very positive song about good things happening to people, I don't want to give away too much but the title definitely describes the concept and sound of the song," Shawn told MTV News before adding why this is the perfect first single. "When we wrote it, it just felt right because it really speaks on how things have happened so fast for me, and how in general good things can happen to anyone if they just stay positive."
And while he said that the song is "definitely different" from his previous track, "Life Of The Party," which was off his self-titled EP, he feels "people will like it just as much," and it certainly gives a good indication of what's to come on the rest of his album.
"This is definitely one of the more uptempo tracks on the album, but it also helps set the vibe a bit with the instrumentation and everything with the focus being mainly acoustic guitar with some natural percussion," he said. "We actually made all of the percussion on the tour bus by banging on the ground and opening and closing drawers so it's pretty cool!"
And if you're loving the single artwork as much as we do, then you're in luck because you'll be seeing a lot more photos just like this of Shawn in the upcoming months.
"My photographer on tour took this amazing photo in one of the dressing rooms on the road, and we decided to recreate that scene for all of the artwork for my new project," he revealed. "So you'll get to see more of it as more songs and things come out."
Shawn is gearing up for a busy November. In addition to the single release, he will be kicking off his sold-out three-city tour in New York on November 15. He’ll then visit Los Angeles (November 26) and wrap it up in Toronto on November 30 and will be playing "a bunch of new music."
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023