The charming Fiona Apple finally dropped her first album in seven years yesterday – ahem, The Idler Wheel Is Wiser than the Driver of the Screw, and Whipping Cords will Serve You More than Ropes Will Ever Do, which is ten tracks of honest perfection (reviews so far have been wildly positive). Despite her widespread appeal, the reclusive singer admits to a history of coping with obsessive-compulsive disorder.
“I had really bad obsessive-compulsive disorder,” Apple tells Elle (via Yahoo). “At its worst, I was compelled to leave my house at three o'clock in the morning and go out in the alley because I just knew that the paper-towel roll I threw in the recycling bin was uncomfortable, like it was lying the wrong way, and I would be down in the garbage."
While Apple says she’s doing better now, she still has issues with OCD that keep her from travelling very much: "I'll be going to [Los Angeles venue] Largo to see my friends ... [and] I'll start freaking out, and it won't stop until I'm actually there."
Similarly, she told Pitchfork earlier this month, "I still don't know how to drive. I don't go anywhere, really, except for Largo. My brother drives me. I walk around my neighborhood but I don't go anywhere, nor do I want to."
Clearly, Apple is quite the emotional person. She said as much during a rare chat with Jimmy Fallon earlier this week. Fallon recounted opening up a concert for Apple with a comedy routine. He became concerned during her performance when she had an emotional breakdown and couldn’t stop crying. She seemed to laugh off the incident to Fallon, saying she’s simply a “human being” and became “overwhelmed” during her concert.
Check out their chat below:
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023