On one hand, he says he's been inspired by music from the past for his own work. On the other hand, JD said he wants to be credited for songs that have been influenced by his material. And he used Ciara's "I Bet" as an example.
"Ciara's new single is a complete rip-off of Usher's 'U Got It Bad.' I'm clear on what I made and I'm clear on how music influences people and I'm clear on chord changes and how people move things," Dupri said. "It might not be as evident as the 'Blurred Lines' situation, but I believe the same thing happened to me."
JD said Usher and Bryan-Michael Cox, who also worked on the song, noticed the similarities, as well. They'll be reaching out to Ciara about the matter soon, according to the report. They hope to receive credit they feel is due.
What do you think? Do you hear the similarities?
But that's not all. JD says "I Bet" also sounds similar to Tamia's "Still," which he worked on, as well.
This seems like it's just the start of the "Blurred Lines" aftermath. "People are really going to really be paying a lot more attention" to these matters, JD said.
Looks like he's right.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023