When you think about it, it’s frankly insulting that the year is 2014 and we’re STILL not able to fly around on fiery jetpacks, like the Spy Kids...
But a team of researchers from Arizona State University has brought us one step closer to that feat by coming up with the raddest invention ever: A jet pack for running. The contraption is called the "4MM," because it’s designed with the goal of having the wearer run a four-minute mile. It weighs a fairly hefty 11 pounds, and looks like a bionic backpack -- check out the official video:
So does it actually work? Researchers are still making it lighter and more efficient, but they did a test in which a subject trimmed about 20 seconds off his running time. All in all, it sounds pretty promising, especially when you consider its ultimate objective: The 4MM is being designed with soldiers in mind, potentially to save their lives when they’re put in dangerous situations and need to escape quickly.
That’s all well and good, except we’d still secretly like to see Usain Bolt sprint with one of these things. Just try to imagine what that kind of mind-boggling speed would be like.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023