Soundcloud has become a reliable destination to uncover new music. Largely, that's because when a song that you're listening to ends, the site auto-plays another, related song, creating and endless path of music discovery.
According to Pigeons and Planes, when 'Ye uploaded "Real Friends" to Soundcloud in January (it's since been removed), the song that initially played right after it was Fresco's "Lowkey." In just a day, it went from 5,000 plays to 150,000.
Now, the Kansas City native has a deal out of it.
“The whole Soundcloud thing helped my record pop off, and they heard some other records,” he told the site, which confirmed the deal with Epic. “I decided to sign because I wanted to get to the next level. My plan was never to be an underground artist. I want to be the biggest in the world.”
"Lowkey" has now hit nearly 2 million plays.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023