George Pimentel / Getty Images for Sundance Film Festival
Selena Gomez has been in the spotlight for most of her short 23-year-old life. From a tyke on "Barney," to a spell-caster on "Wizards of Waverly Place," to a pop superstar with over 38 million followers on Twitter alone, she's globally known and a constant topic of discussion.
So it's a no-brainer why she'd like a break from the public eye spotlight. In an interview with W magazine's March cover story, the Texas native opens up about social media.
"In a few years, I'll give all of it up," she said candidly. Of course, this prompts some eyebrow raising, since several celebs stated they were leaving social media, only to return later on, including Zayn Malik and Demi Lovato.
The "Good for You" singer continued by saying, "I'm utilizing social media right now because of my age and because, to be honest, everybody else in the world was talking about me, so I wanted a f—king say." She has a fair point. Fans and critics alike comment on her body, whether she sings live or not and her status with on-again/off-again boyfriend Justin Bieber.
Steve Granitz / WireImage
Gomez sounded off on the Bieber topic, leaving no room to interpretation. She and the Biebs are 100% through. "I'm so exhausted...I honestly am so done. I care about his health and well-being. But I can't do it anymore."
So for everyone who still ships Jelena, you might wanna give that up for now. Things could change down the line, but Gomez seems super determined to put that part of her life behind her, and focus on the future instead. And we're all here for that.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023