Twenty years after his death, Tupac Shakur is still making music history.
Next April, Shakur will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, making him the first solo rapper ever to receive the honor. Five hip-hop acts have previously been inducted into the Rock Hall, but all so far have been groups: Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, Run-D.M.C., Beastie Boys, Public Enemy, and N.W.A.
This year was the first year Shakur was eligible for induction, as it marks 25 years since the release of his 1991 studio album, 2Pacalypse Now.
Next year's inductees will also include Pearl Jam, Journey, Electric Light Orchestra, Joan Baez, and Yes. All are first-time nominees except for Yes, who have been nominated but not inducted twice before.
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony will take place April 7 at Brooklyn's Barclays Center.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023