UPDATE (11/4/21, 10:03 a.m. ET): Ed Sheeran, Imagine Dragons, Griff, Yungblud, and Girl in Red have been added to the list of artists who will perform at the 2021 MTV EMA. Nominated for Best Rock and Best Group, Imagine Dragons will perform the new single "Enemy" alongside the rapper J.I.D. Last year's Best Push winner Yungblud will take the stage for a rendition of his latest song "Fleabag," while Griff, who is nominated in the Best Push and Best New categories, will perform in her first appearance at the ceremony. Norwegian indie-pop singer Girl in Red is also nominated for Best Push, as well as Video for Good, and she will showcase her breakout single "Serotonin" off her debut album If I Could Make It Go Quiet.
The 2021 MTV EMA show draws near, and with a loaded nominations list anchored by superstars like Justin Bieber, Doja Cat, Lil Nas X, Ed Sheeran, Olivia Rodrigo, and The Kid Laroi, it promises to be a can't-miss event. But that's just the beginning.
In addition to the big awards and must-see fashion on the red carpet, this year's performances are taking things international. Colombian sensation Maluma, Italian glam-poppers Måneskin, and Los Angeles-based German future-pop star Kim Petras will all hit the stage at the 2021 EMA.
This is Maluma's second time performing at the show, after making his debut in 2020 with a medley of "Djadja" and "Hawái." He's also up for two awards: Best Latin and Best Lat Am-Central Act. Måneskin will make their EMA debut, in addition to being nominated in the Best Rock and Best Group categories. Petras, meanwhile, continues the momentum began with her dazzling 2021 VMAs pre-show rendition of "Future Starts Now" and takes that energy all the way to Hungary, where the show will take over the Papp László Budapest Sportaréna.
As announced last week, Bieber leads this year's crop of nominees with eight total nods, including in the Best Artist, Best Pop, and Best Song categories, though Doja Cat and Lil Nas X aren't far behind with six each. Sheeran, Rodrigo, and The Kid Laroi all follow with five.
The 2021 EMAs will touch down at the Papp László Budapest Sportaréna in Hungary on Sunday, November 14 at 9 p.m. CET and will also broadcast live on MTV channels in 180 countries. Find the full nominations list below, and head to ema.mtv.com for all your voting needs.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023