Katy Perry's "This Is How We Do" is the perfect song to score that night out you won't remember the next morning. And, consequently, her video for the jam is that night -- amplified by neon and, well, whatever it is that made you forget the proceedings in the first place.
The Joel Kefali-directed video (he also directed Lorde's "Tennis Courts") starts in a pristine gallery, a lone man gazing at a picture of Perry in profile. We then enter the frame, zooming into an out-there world featuring imagery seemingly inspired by Dutch painter Piet Mondrian, pizza and Pee-Wee Herman (those dancers are the spitting image). Oh, also -- a Mariah Carey lookalike makes a cameo, as does Aretha Franklin.
Sound weird? That's a massive understatement. Check out the bizarre little offering below:
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023