Heath Ledger's portrayal of the The Joker in "The Dark Knight" won no small amount of praise from fans and critics alike, but what many people don't know is that he wasn't the only actor to be considered for the role.
When MTV News spoke with Oscar-winning actor Adrien Brody during the South By Southwest Film Festival, he confirmed a rumor that he'd been up for the role of Batman's nemesis at one point, and explained the appeal comic book movies have for him.
"I did," said Brody when asked if he'd pursued the role of Gotham's criminal clown. "I met Chris on that."
"Heath was tremendous in that, but yeah, I would've loved to have done that," he added. "It was an amazing role. Amazing."
Asked whether any similar roles had caught his eye over the years, hero or villain, he described his own view on the rapidly growing genre.
"It's not one specific thing that attracts me, it's.. bringing truth to something that had this impact on you in your youth, and basically growing up and have that inside of you — stored away with all the memories you have of it," he said.
Would Brody have made a good Joker? Let us know what you think in the comment section or on Twitter!
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023