Quiet Riot Singer Kevin DuBrow Died Of Cocaine Overdose: Report

Coroner said toxicology results, which were released Monday, show that musician died of accidental drug overdose.

Two weeks after news of his death first made headlines, the autopsy results on late Quiet Riot frontman Kevin DuBrow -- who was found in his Las Vegas home November 25, [article id="1574957"]dead at age 52[/article] -- were released Monday (December 10), according to The Associated Press. DuBrow reportedly died of an accidental cocaine overdose.

The wire service claims Clark County coroner spokeswoman Samantha Charles confirmed the cause of death following the receipt of toxicology results, also on Monday.

DuBrow's death was ruled accidental, and according to a spokesperson for the Las Vegas police department, there were no signs of forced entry at the home, and police have not suspected foul play.

According to those close to the singer, DuBrow celebrated his birthday the month before in New Orleans and seemed to be in good health.

Shortly after DuBrow's death, Quiet Riot bassist Kelly Garni [article id="1575283"]asked fans to be patient[/article] and not rush to assumptions.

"I ask this to all of you not only for myself but for other friends and family," Garni wrote in a message posted on a Web site honoring the memory of Quiet Riot founding member Randy Rhoads. "I ask that no one here offer any speculation or opinions, theories or other things that could be construed as negative or, and I'm sorry for this, even sympathetic, right at this immediate time. I am already, within hours of this, having to deal with untrue rumors and speculation and that only adds fuel to that. There is a tendency for the subject of Kevin to incite flames on every board, and now is not the time for that. I will explain to everyone here the facts and the truth in the next 24 to 48 hours as I realize this will affect us all. So please, until then, be patient. All details and other pertinent info will be passed on to you here when it becomes available to me."

Many other fellow rockers and fans -- including Glenn Hughes, Nikki Sixx and others -- [article id="1575114"]shared fond memories[/article] of DuBrow following his death.

Credited with helping to launch the 1980s glam-metal scene, Quiet Riot are perhaps best known for their cover of Slade's "Cum on Feel the Noize," which appeared on 1983's Metal Health and eventually peaked at #5 on the Billboard Hot 100. The album is widely considered the first by a metal band to reach the chart's #1 position.

Rhoads formed Quiet Riot in 1975, but the group split four years later when he left to join Ozzy Osbourne's band (Rhoads died in a plane crash in 1982). DuBrow launched his own band, called DuBrow, and later reverted to the Quiet Riot name.

While Metal Health put Quiet Riot on the map, the band's subsequent releases weren't as well-received. Not helping the situation were some of DuBrow's comments: During the '80s, the singer was notorious for deriding contemporary metal bands in interviews and even lashed out at the press and the band's label. Toward the conclusion of the band's 1987 tour, DuBrow was fired from Quiet Riot; he was left behind in a hotel, while the rest of the band took an earlier flight. However, Quiet Riot's career with new singer Paul Shortino met with even less success.

The members gradually reunited under the Quiet Riot moniker in the early '90s and continued to tour and record consistently until DuBrow's passing. In 2004, DuBrow released a collection of covers as his first solo LP, In for the Kill.