21 Savage has released the video for "A Lot," the introspective first song from his new album I Am > I Was. J. Cole is here for his verse, which is suspiciously absent from the physical CD version. The same amount of soul evident in the smooth tune exists here, making us both hungry and thankful for family at the same time.
In a stark departure from his more lavish visuals, "A Lot" keeps things simple. 21 Savage and J. Cole attend a family gathering complete with fresh home-cooked foods, smiling extended relatives, and a beautiful, yet slightly imposing, mansion. But with large family comes emotional baggage and we get a peek into what these people carry — from dead friends to incarcerated associates. In the midst of all of this, 21 Savage makes it clear that living in the moment is what's most important.
21 Savage's I Am > I Was became his first album, following 2017’s Issa Album, to debut at No. 1 on the Billboard 200. It sold 131,000 units in its first week. Earlier this week, 21 Savage and a mesmerizing sequin jacket, as a replacement for J. Cole, performed "A Lot" on the The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
Check out the full video above.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023