[article id="1648894"]Lindsay Lohan[/article]'s initial foray into the world of fashion was met with some harsh criticism when she partnered with a storied fashion house a year ago. And as if the troubled actress didn't have enough worries, on Wednesday night in London, during a screening of his 35-minute epic, experimental film [article id="1649493"]"Runaway," Kanye West[/article] had some very sharp-elbowed opinions about Lohan's sideline.
The rapper, never shy with his opinions, spoke to the invited audience at the [article id="1649516"]"Runaway" premiere[/article] for two hours and, in that time, talked a little about fashion, one of his longtime obsessions along with slick, modern design. He said the critical bashing given the Ungaro line on which Lohan served as artistic advisor -- the spring 2010 collection consisted of lots and lots of sequins and heart-shaped pasties that Emanuel Ungaro himself called "a disaster" -- made the public skeptical about musicians being successful in fashion.
"Last night at my Paris premiere of 'Runaway,' what hurt most was the people who weren't there. People look down on celebs doing fashion," West said of his disappointment in the lack of fashion faces at Tuesday night's screening in France.
The magazine reported that when 'Ye was asked how his long-gestating signature clothing line, Pastelle, was coming along, he repeated the dis against Lohan, who is currently in rehab, quipping, "Did you not see the Lindsay/Ungaro collection? ... There are so many ups and downs, hurts and pains in fashion. It's extremely frustrating, because I do have opinions on color palettes and fabrics, but do I have the time to pick out every belt buckle? ... I don't have 20 years of fashion experience, and my father wasn't a tailor able to train me. The only way it would work was if I sat next to a designer."
After dropping out of sight following his 2009 VMA bum-rush of Taylor Swift, West lived in Rome and interned at fashion house Fendi. He has also collaborated with Nike and Louis Vuitton on designs.
What do you think of Kanye's take on Lindsay's forays into the fashion industry? Do you agree with him? Tell us in the comments!
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023