(Michael Tran/FilmMagic)/(Jackson Lee/GC Images)
Donald Glover and Rihanna in a film together? Who would have thought it — before the trailer for Guava Island released last November at the actor/musician's PHAROS festival in New Zealand? The film, directed by his longtime collaborator Hiro Murai and also starring Letitia Wright and Nonso Anonzie, was an elusive mystery without a release date. Now, while a specific date hasn't been revealed, there has been some good news; Guava Island will air during YouTube's live-stream of Coachella.
The streaming service revealed the news today (April 8), outlets are reporting. It's reasonable to expect that it'll happen on April 13, the day that Glover will headline the fest as Childish Gambino. This date lines up with Spotify ads that teased a release for the movie on the same day. It'll be great to get to see the highly anticipated film that we know almost next to nothing about.
For the first time this year, Coachella will debut a live-stream of its second weekend. Last week, the live-stream schedule for the first week was announced with artists such as Billie Eilish, Kacey Musgraves, Gambino himself, and more.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023