Justin Bieber is not only kicking off the holiday season with his brand-new [article id="1672827"]Under the Mistletoe album[/article], in stores Tuesday (November 1), but the giving season, too, with his just-announced Believe Charity Drive.
Bieber will donate a portion of the proceeds from sales of Mistletoe to charity, and he's encouraging his fans to do the same, listing seven specific charitable organizations -- the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Pencils of Promise, Musicians on Call, Project Medishare for Haiti, City of Hope, the Boys & Girls Clubs of America and the Grammy Foundation -- in the hopes of raising millions of dollars in donations.
According to a press release issued Tuesday, Bieber chose the organizations due to "their emphases on education, youth well-being and music." Contributions will also be made to additional local charities in certain international markets. Fans can make donations through Bieber's official site.
"I am launching the Believe Charity Drive because I know firsthand that if you believe in your dreams, everything is possible," Bieber said in a statement. "The Believe Charity Drive directly benefits charities that are making a difference in the world. You can ... donate as little as one dollar, or even donate your time, because everything will make a difference. Please join me in our quest to raise millions of dollars by the release of my new 2012 album, Believe. I know that with your help we can make a change."
Of course, his Charity Drive isn't the only bit of good work Bieber has been doing as of late. He recently made a pair of donations to an Ontario food bank, and last month, when MTV News [article id="1672652"]caught up with Bieber[/article] in Santiago, Chile, he spoke about lending a helping hand to an organization he has a decidedly personal connection to.
"We donated $10,000 to the Food Bank [from] where I grew up, and I actually used to get food from there," he said. "It was an incredible feeling, just because they were needing a lot of stuff, so it really meant a lot to me."
Share your thoughts on Justin's charity drive and his Mistletoe album in the comments below.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023