The “Hello” singer kicked off the U.S. leg of her 25 tour last night (July 5) in St. Paul, Minnesota, so naturally she had to pay homage to the late star. But instead of adding to the growing list of Prince covers, Adele decided to let the Purple One speak for himself.
Between the end of her set and her encore, Adele played Prince’s video for “The Most Beautiful Girl in the World” for the crowd of 15,000. Originally released in 1994, “Most Beautiful Girl” was Prince's first single after changing his name to that iconic and unpronounceable symbol. Fan-shot video shows the crowd clapping along to the song as the video plays.
Adele certainly has the pipes to handle a Prince tune, but it seems more meaningful that she pointed the spotlight directly at him.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023