Theo Wargo/Getty Images
Mary J. Blige may be a music industry veteran, but lately she's been in the habit of teaming up with some of the scene's newest artists—and it's paying off in a major way.
In February, she appeared on Disclosure's "F For You" as a vocalist and starred in the accompanying video. Then, she got on Sam Smith's tender ballad "Stay With Me" and transformed the pleading number into an even more moving duet.
And on Friday (September 5), she released a new song called "Right Now" that was co-written by Jimmy Napes, Sam and the Disclosure brothers Guy and Howard Lawrence.
Disclosure also produced the song, so it veers away from the traditional R&B and soul tones that inhabit most of Blige's work, and the title of the track alone evokes its own of-the-moment feeling.
"Right Now" is the most innovative thing we've heard from Blige in a while. It will be on her forthcoming album The London Sessions, which is due this fall.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023