It's been five years since Cam'ron released his last solo album, and he's about to feed the streets to make up for lost time.
"I'm putting out an EP every month with a 30-minute episode so you're not waiting a year or more for the next album," Killa told Mass Appeal in his recent cover story. "It's kinda like a show version of Killa Season. Instead of spending money on one movie, every month you have something new to look forward to."
The series, which will be called "The First of the Month," is just one of a number of ventures -- both musical and otherwise -- that Cam has on deck. He's also working on an EP called Federal Reserve, produced entirely by A-Trak. They released the song "Humphrey" in January.
"I didn't know who A-Trak was," the Harlem rapper admitted. "And [Damon Dash was] like, 'Trust me Cam, you need to do this.' [Dame's] working with Smoke DZA and I'm helping him out with that; we're going to do a project eventually."
Even with all of this new music on the way, Cam doesn't have anything with the Diplomats that's imminent. The crew, which consists of Killa, Jim Jones, Juelz Santana and Freekey Zekey, hasn't released an album together in a decade, since 2004's Diplomatic Immunity 2. Still, he did say that they're on good enough terms that it could happen down the line.
"We all in a good space, we mad cool," he said. "Juelz was over the other day for his birthday; I spoke to Jim yesterday. It's just that we all busy, and for us to do music, we have to chill and be in the same room 'cause it would be fake if we didn't. I could send this person a song if we wanted it to be like microwave rap, then cool. We'd rather have our sh-- sit in the oven and get cooked for the two, three hours the way it should be. But everybody's in a good space."
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023