Frederic J. Brown/AFP/Getty
If you're wondering how Naughty Boy nabbed Beyoncé for his stunning new track, "Running (Lose It All)," you may be surprised by the seemingly seamless creation process. In a new interview with Channel 4 news, Naughty Boy revealed how the track was born and shed some light on his ex-friendship with ex-One Directioner Zayn Malik.
According to Naughty Boy, he met Bey in Los Angeles in January around the time of the Grammys. Beyoncé heard the track during its early stages, and they collaborated with Arrow Benjamin to create the end product.
"I think it's the first time Beyoncé was featured on a record like this, so I feel privileged," he said. "I'm still flying the flag. I mean...and it was a British producer, an Asian producer. I love that."
But for Naughty Boy, the moment was also a tremendous culmination of his family's efforts establishing themselves in Britain. His father immigrated to Britain in the '70s and was a taxi driver. "This country is like built on what immigrants do," he offered.
The interview wouldn't have been complete without some deets on his infamous fallout with Zayn Malik. Naught Boy was characteristically oblique about the incident, but he did offer some perspective on the public Twitter spat.
"I feel like the first half of this year went back to primary school, and I should have been concentrating on my master's," he said.
Working with Beyoncé, we're sure, is like getting the highest degree possible.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023