Andrew Toth/Getty Images for Philip Plein + Alexander Tamargo/Getty Images
XXL notes that the internet whipped into a frenzy over Nicki's lines that seemed to take aim at Remy Ma on both tracks. After listening to "Swalla" ("I gave these bitches two years, now your time's up/Bless her heart, she throwing shots but every line sucks") and "Make Love" ("Oooohhh, oh you the qu-e-e-the queen of this here?/One platinum plaque, album flopped, bitch, where?"), Remy seems to agree with the annotators as she's taken these lines as direct attacks — and responded in kind.
She let loose with a seven-minute scorcher of a diss track, "ShETHER," that makes for an excruciating character assassination. It's a painful listen that goes for the jugular, with Remy calling Nicki an opportunist and a cheater before reducing her to an "A-list groupie." Eek.
Nicki, in turn, appreciated the sense of humor the Barbz brought to Twitter in her defense, but she didn't need it. She invoked the name of none other than Beyoncé and posted a quick, vocal endorsement from Queen B on Instagram thanks to "Darling Nicki."
On "Make Love," Nicki made a quip regarding the age-old adage about bringing a knife to a gunfight. As she just brought Beyoncé to a battle, she needs to get working on writing rap's equivalent of The Art of War, stat.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023