Michael Riggio via YouTube
Seventeen-year-old 17 year old Michael Riggio and twenty-year old Ivan Iskenderian were out fishing near their home in Sydney, Australia, when a whale approached the boat with a plastic bag and some fishing line stuck on its face. The Southern Right Whale kept coming close to the boat, raising its head above the water, and staring at them, so the boys helped him out by pulling the garbage off -- and then the whale seemed to say "thanks" by twirling around and slapping its fin on the surface of the water.
Whale expert Geoff Ross told the Sydney Morning Herald that the whale was definitely coming to the boys for a helping hand. "It is bizarre, really unique behavior for a wild animal, particularly for its size," he said. "But they are quite intelligent."
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023