After skipping last year's MTV Movie Awards to crush a Half Ironman triathlon -- that's 70.3 miles of swimming, biking, and running (NBD) -- Chris Pratt returned to the Movie Awards stage with a Golden Popcorn in tow.
Pratt took home the award for Best Action Performance for last summer's Jurassic World. As raptor trainer Owen, Pratt faced off against terrifying franken-dino Indominus Rex and lived to tell the tale. Between Jurassic World and Guardians of the Galaxy, Pratt has proved that he's just as capable as any other leading man of anchoring a major action franchise -- Thanos and dinosaurs be damned.
He also proved that he's damn good at delivering memorable acceptance speeches.
Pratt called the honor "a freakin' dream come true" before paying homage to the action hero greats that came before him, including Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Jackie Chan, Jason Statham, Liam Neeson, Harrison Ford, Eric Roberts, Anthony Mackie, and God. Oh, and MTV Movie Awards co-host Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. And Pratt's personal hero, his wife Anna Faris. "Our son was destined to be tough," he said, "But thanks to you, he's going to be smart too." Awww!
Check out Chris and all of the other Golden Popcorn winners celebrating:
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023