There was a lot of baby-related news that spread across the Internet yesterday, as not only did the entertainment world celebrate the birth of Alanis Morissette's son but also congratulated Natalie Portman on her pregnancy. The actress is a few months along with her first child with fiancé Benjamin Millepied, who she met while working on "Black Swan" (Millepied choreographed the dances and also played Portman's dance partner).
Ever since the star first established herself as a player with her performance in "Star Wars: Episode I -- The Phantom Menace" (the one bright spot in that film), she has made a habit out of mixing business with pleasure. She dated "Star Wars" co-star Hayden Christensen for a while, and has been romantically linked with Jude Law (with whom she starred in the 2004 film "Closer") and Jake Gyllenhaal (the two worked together on 2009's "Brothers").
But before Millepied, the most notable collaboration to come out of her love life was with ex-boyfriend Devendra Banhart. The freak-folk gypsy dated Portman over several months in 2008, and the pair could often be seen in various spots around Manhattan. The two even got together on screen for Banhart's video for "Carmensita" (from his critically-acclaimed 2007 album Smokey Rolls Down Thunder Canyon). In the clip (which you can watch below in all its stoned technicolor glory), Portman dresses up in fully Bollywood regalia and does quite a bit of dancing while Banhart attempts to woo her. It's a pretty trippy video, and another in chain of evidence that cultural historians can use to track Portman's personal life.
What do you think of "Carmensita"? Let us know in the comments!
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023