Drake's Instagram / Chanel
During the holiday season, no one is immune to an ugly sweater. Not even Drake, though he's definitely found one of the most fashionable ways to wear one. Last night, Drizzy posted a picture of his take on the festive staple, along with the caption "Chanel poncho like tonto." If Drake's Chanel poncho looks familiar, that's because it was first worn by Kristen Stewart in her campaign for Chanel's Métiers d'Art Paris-Dallas collection. So who wore it better? Let's get into it.
Kristen obviously gets points for not only having worn it first, but also having been the face of the collection it comes from. Plus, she managed to take it into full cowgirl territory, toothpick-chewing and all. Not to mention, she pulled off that look while wearing DGAF white girl cornrows. Few people could do the same.
That Drake didn't even bother wearing his poncho with anything other than a sweatshirt and jeans would typically be a drawback but, in his case, it's actually a plus. What is more baller than wearing a $4,000 Chanel throw as your regular ol' house blanket? Drake also gets extra style points for taking a risk and mining the ladies department for a new sweater—a trend that's exploded in hip-hop over the past year, as Justin Bieber also underscored just yesterday.
So, do we give the honor to the OG poncho wearer or the rapper casually championing womenswear? Honestly, it's too close to call. Who do you think wore it best?
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023