Gerard Way wants you to know that [article id="1617488"]My Chemical Romance[/article] are an American band -- and proud of it. He'd also like you to know that becoming a father isn't changing his focus on that first fact.
Back in May, Way and his wife -- Mindless Self Indulgence bassist Lyn-Z -- welcomed their first child, a daughter named Bandit. In the months leading up to the birth, Way wondered aloud how his daughter's arrival would impact the lyrics he was writing for [article id="1605437"]MCR's new album[/article], saying, "That's going to be in my head. ... There's no way that stuff won't affect what you're doing. I think if it doesn't, it's kind of lame."
Well, as it turns out, he might have been over-thinking things.
"[When] we had the baby, it's this crazy thing. It's the most amazing thing, and what it alters is you have someone new in your life to love and share things with and protect and all this amazing stuff," Way told MTV News. "But literally the next morning, I woke up and I still felt like me. I mean, I felt like I had something really awesome in my life, besides my wife, but it hasn't changed any of the direction of where it was heading before she was born. And I think [Bandit] would appreciate that."
And if she doesn't, well, she'll most certainly appreciate Way's other musical plan, one that involves My Chemical Romance collaborating with DJ Lance Rock, Muno, Foofa and the rest of the kid-friendly "Yo Gabba Gabba!" gang. After all, just because he isn't letting fatherhood change his focus within MCR, doesn't mean he can't branch out a bit.
"That will absolutely happen. I have this secret desire to do a children's show, and then I saw 'Yo Gabba,' and I was like, 'Oh, this is genius. This is better than anything I could've come up with,' " Way laughed. "I watched [Devo mastermind] Mark Mothersbaugh draw a puppy, and I was like, 'This is the best thing I've ever seen.' I'm really aiming to get [My Chem] to perform a song about lemonade on 'Yo Gabba.' ... I'm cooking this lemonade song up in my head as we speak."
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023