Mike Pont/WireImage / Amanda Edwards/Getty Images
Young love can be bittersweet, but it's even more bitter when you get dumped on your birthday.
Back in the day, Alyson Stoner had the type of childhood that made every kid jealous. In addition to hanging out with Channing Tatum on Step Up, dancing with Missy Elliot in her music videos, getting into shenanigans in Cheaper by the Dozen, and singing with Demi Lovato and the Jonas Brothers in Camp Rock, Stoner played the recurring character Max on The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.
Stoner just released a new EP, While You Were Sleeping — the title being a dig at the music industry and fans who think child stars peak at a young age — and recently stopped by "The Night Time Show" podcast to chat about her life both past and present.
Besides sharing interesting Disney Channel industry stories, along with behind-the-scenes moments from various past projects, Stoner admitted that she dated Cole Sprouse back in the day, and it didn't end well. "The first boy, I guess, that I had like a crush on and dated was Cole Sprouse," she said.
Back then, when they were both approximately 11, Sprouse had just had a thing with Victoria Justice — remember when she guest-starred on Suite Life and their characters kissed? — and Stoner felt insecure because Justice "was a babe." Worst of all, Stoner admitted that Sprouse ended things on her birthday. Not cool, dude.
"He just said, 'It's not going to work out,'" Stoner explained. Welp, easy come, easy go, I guess. At least they'll always have this moment when Sprouse introduced Stoner as his girlfriend in the middle of an interview.
You can listen to the full podcast here.
- POV VMA SUBMISSION FORM09/01/2023
- MTV Video Music Awards Will Return to New Jersey for September Show05/23/2023
- Scream’s Ghostface Accepts Best Movie And Best Fight: ‘Movies Don’t Create Psychos’‘It’s about time someone truly appreciated my work’05/07/2023
- Anthony Ramos And Dominique Fishback Ramp Up The Tension In New 'Transformers' Clip'Transformers: Rise of the Beasts' hits theaters on June 905/07/2023
- Joseph Quinn Acknowledges The Power Of 'Stranger Things' Fans'I’m a little bit scared of you,' he said at the MTV Movie & TV Awards, 'but ultimately, I am utterly, utterly indebted to you'05/07/2023
- Ariel And Prince Eric's Romantic Night Ends With A Splash In New 'Little Mermaid' ClipHeart eyes all around05/07/2023